9/2/13

Just an ND-sized follow-up to my previous post:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FzzC2k_jZEw (This commercial was the commercial that ND aired [or should I tell you that they "gave us" this commercial?] last season, even in the midst of their national championship drubbing at the hands of Alabama last January..... As soon as I saw they had officially retired this commercial during the 4th quarter of Saturday afternoon's game, I figured I had to give my take on this commercial, & that was exactly what I did on FB immediately after I saw their new commercial for the 1st time: "Call it religious propaganda, call it "shamelessness", call it whatever you want to call it..... To me, that commercial was not only a way for that university to keep its Catholic tradition(s) alive, but it also had an uplifting message embedded within it..... The reminder that as long as you keep people in your thoughts and prayers to a reasonable extent, the more likely you'll be to see them somewhere down the road..... No matter what you think about the commercial as a whole, I think you've got to admit that that message is more uplifting than anything else!")

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V8jReR9qfu0&sns=fb (As previously mentioned, this was the commercial that both (1) debuted Saturday afternoon & (2) led me to give my [somewhat emotionally charged] opinion on the previous commercial; while this commercial doesn't try to get people emotionally worked up [FULL DISCLOSURE: That never happened to me, for some reason!], it does provide people with the idea that the university is committed not only to its own future, but to the future to all parts of society on which the university has at least some influence in..... While I would prefer to still have 1 of the few modern day religion-focused commercials remain on the air to this day, I most likely won't mind seeing such a hopeful, forward-looking commercial airing weekly between now & the last weekend of November!

No comments:

Post a Comment