9/27/13

After 1 month.....

I still haven't followed through with any of my plans, but I'll get back to that later..... As of right now, we're actually more than 1/4 of the way through the semester, & (as of next week) 1/3 of the way through it..... Ever since I published my recent post complaining about the still-unknown whereabouts of my middle school yearbook, I've honestly felt even more of a longing for those days than I did this summer, or even back in June! I guess this is just me complaining (yet again) about my current situation, but I've never felt as apathetic &/or uninspired by anybody or anything as I've felt on that campus! At least during my K-12 years, there was "school spirit" to the point where even events that got almost no publicity outside the schools managed to @ least find out about those events from other students &/or parents! That "school spirit" didn't just show up during any planned events, however; when a fire engulfed 1 of the 3rd-floor bathrooms in the middle school back in June 2009, just weeks before yours truly & the rest of the class of '09 graduated from that place & moved on to high school, you might something like that would deflate everybody & derail some of the excitement of those activities, but quite to the contrary, it seemed to bring everybody together even more than before that fire! In fact, now that I mentioned that, before I go back to how so many of us from that class stayed together throughout high school, I'd like to mention how that suddenly re-entered my mind the evening of my high school graduation: It was my 1st time back in that building in over 4 years, & considering everybody was split up into various rooms throughout the building (& arranged in alphabetical order, but I'm sure that's "standard operating procedure" @ those ceremonies in general!), I was sent to 1 of the rooms right down the hall from that burnt bathroom, & for the 1st time in forever, I suddenly remembered the fire & how the initial feelings of fear & surprise that I remember everybody having & how those feelings turned to unity soon after the fact! In between those 2 dates, though, the feelings of unity that carried us through the last 2 weeks or so of middle school seemed to carry over throughout high school, obviously with less of an impact later on in our high school years, but, @ least from what I noticed, whenever somebody made a comment along the lines of "Remember when -such & such- happened", usually referring to something that occurred in high school, & if there were 2 people who attended the same middle school together, 1 of those people would usually tell the other person "You think you've known -so & so- that long? Well, I've known -so & so- since middle school!" & so on & so forth..... My point is, that I've always believed loyalty, trust, & perhaps most importantly, lifelong bonds, among other things, only tend to manifest themselves earlier on in peoples' lives; that is, in places like elementary, middle, & high schools throughout the country moreso than people tend to reach those levels with people they meet in college & the experiences they go through during those 4 years..... I know this won't become possible 'til time travel becomes possible (if it does so.....), but eventually, if that does happen, my K-12 years would be the 1st years of my life that I would revisit, since following up on my aforementioned "point" (see above), I believe that the 12 years in which you're virtually guaranteed that you'll see those same people almost every weekday between September & June are almost always more special than 4 years in which you'll almost never see @ least 75% of those people @ all, never mind occasionally

No comments:

Post a Comment