9/21/13

I haven't been able to find any of my school stuff recently!

     In my 2nd (non-"welcome"/football) post here, I commented on how I was (& still am) glad that the vast majority of the approximately 850 people with whom I graduated from this place last June have decided to start their college years in-state instead of out-of-state, thus allowing them to remain close enough to their homes to be able to return for weekends/holidays/breaks/etc. without having to fly in from another state to do so! While I'm glad they've moved on with their lives to the extent that most of them don't seem to be as "homesick" as I (still) am right now after slightly over 12 years (@ least in my case) of being involved with that school district in 1 form or another, I just hope they've managed to preserve more of their memories from those years than my household has been capable of preserving..... As you people can tell by the pic above, that is the front cover of the (50th anniversary, not that anybody else was willing to acknowledge that fact!) yearbook that I & 99.99% of the rest of the grad class received last June (slightly ahead of schedule, as a matter of fact, but that's another story for another time), & naturally, I did what any sane person would do: got as many students/teachers/other staff members/etc. to sign that yearbook somewhere, mostly within the front & back inside covers, & for the most part, they did so, but aside from that & my middle school's class of '09 picture, that is the extent of the stuff from my K-12 years that remains in my household..... Ever since last June, I've occasionally searched all over my house for my middle school yearbook, which I distinctly remember taking the exact same process with-the messages from many of the people with whom I attended that school with, & taking that home for my family to check out, but ever since June of '09, I haven't been able to find that anywhere in my household, which I find somewhat weird, considering I still sort of remember what that looked like-a mostly blue front & back cover, with all kinds of patriotic-looking images throughout both the front & back covers! The morning after my high school's graduation, I noticed most of my pre-high school stuff lying around the house in random locations, & shortly after that, I noticed that my aunt was the 1 storing all that stuff somewhere..... Now, IDK where that "somewhere" is, but I have a feeling that my middle school stuff is still somewhere in my household..... I honestly don't think my own family would just toss my school stuff without consulting with me before doing so!

No comments:

Post a Comment